Any domain can be used with an EverWeb website. If you can't transfer your domain to us for any reason it can still easily be used and we can have you set up in just minutes. All you do is point your domain to our servers instead of transfering it.
For your own knowledge, this article describes the differences between transfering a domain and pointing it to our servers.
To point your domain to our servers follow these steps;
1. If you have not already done so, sign up for an EverWeb + Hosting account.
2. After clicking the Order Now button, select the third option that says;
'keep it with my existing registrar and point it to RAGE Web Hosting when I'm ready.'
and follow the online form.
3. Once you are signed up you will get an email with the subject;
'Welcome to EverWeb: Setup and Publishing Instructions'
Within that email you will see the header;
That section (which describes this process in more detail for you) contains the nameservers that you must send to your current domain registrar. They will update your domain with these nameservers so that your domain points to our servers.
4. Within a few hours your domain will start pointing to our servers. If you have previously visited your domain, it can take up to 48 hours to point to our servers. But remember, this will only be for you. For everyone else who hasn't visited your domain recently it will start working in a few hours.
5. Remember to publish your site as soon as possible as well as set up your email accounts so that all your services continue to work. If you do this, you won't have any interruption in your services.
- 5 Users Found This Useful
If you currently own a domain with another company, you can easily transfer it to your EverWeb...
The EPP code is just a string of text that is used to verify that you are the actual domain owner...
If you receive a domain transfer error you can easily resubmit the domain transfer after...
Nameservers are two strings that point a domain to a specified server. This is what makes a...
If you have multiple domains that you want to forward, or point, to an existing website, you can...