You can have an unlimited number of domains point to a single website.
There are three steps to do this;
- You must first own the domain name either with us, or with any domain registrar.
- The domain nameservers need to be the same as the nameservers for your existing website's domain name. (We explain this in more detail below).
- You need to add the Domain as a Parked Domain in your client area
1. Make Sure You Own The Domain Name
If you have purchased the domain name, either through us, or through another company you can skip to step two. Otherwise you should purchase the domain name first.
2. Update Your Nameservers for your Domain
Nameservers tell a domain what server to point to. They are just two strings of text in the form of (yours will be different than below);
If you have registered your domain with us you can update your nameservers by following these steps;
- Login to your client area.
- Go to Domains->My Domains from the navigation bar
- Next to your main domain name currently being used for your website select Manage Nameservers
- Copy these Nameservers as you will need to set the same ones for your new domain name
Now, for each domain you want to point to your website you will need to update the nameservers to what you have copied from the steps above. If your domain is registered through us you will see all your domain names under Domains->My Domains (the same location as above).
If you have registered your domains with another company, you will have to contact them to update your nameservers or login to your account with them to update them on your own.
NOTE: Nameserver updates take up to 48 hours to complete. If your new domains do not work right away, you will have to wait up to 48 hours for them to start working. However you can still continue to step 3 immediately.
3. Add Your Domain as a Parked Domain
Now that your domain nameservers have been updated, you simply add your domain as a Parked Domain.
You can add a parked domain by following these steps;
- Login to your client area
- Go to Services->My Services from the navigation bar
- Click the website you want to add the domain to
- On the next page, near the bottom, you will see a 'Parked Domains' button.
- Click that option and then enter your new domain on that form
Remember: Nameserver updates can take up to 48 hours to complete. If your new domains do not work right away, you will have to wait up to 48 hours for them to start working.