If you published your website and the fonts or images are appearing distorted or not as they appear in EverWeb, one solution is to clear your browser's cache. Your web browser might cache some resources for a few minutes to help your website load faster.
Your browser cache is something that only affects you. Anyone who hasn't visited your site recently will not see this problem with distorted fonts and/or images.
This article will show you how to clear your browser cache for different browsers and devices. Just follow the steps for the browser you are using.
An alternative strategy is to visit your website using Private Browsing or Incognito mode.
If you're using an Android device:
- Select Menu, then More.
- Select Settings.
- Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then OK to accept.
If you're using Chrome:
- Click the 3 dots (Mac) or exclamation point (PC) in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Hover over the More Tools option then click Clear Browsing Data...
- Choose The Beginning Of Time or lesser time frame in the "Clear the Following Items From" field.
- Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Browsing history, Download history, Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data).
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
If you're using Edge:
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Clear Browsing Data click Choose What To Clear.
- Select the items you wish to clear (e.g., Browsing History, Cookies and Saves Website Date, Cached Data and Files, Downloaded History and Form Data).
- Click Clear.
If you're using Firefox:
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear Your Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache and Active Logins.
- Click Clear Now.
If you're using Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
If you're using Safari for Mac:
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History...
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History.
If you're using Safari for PC:
- Click on the Settings (Gear) icon in the upper right corner of the browser..
- Click Reset Safari.
- Select the items you wish to clear. (It is recommended to check all items).
- Click Reset.
If you're using mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad):
To clear cache and cookies:
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.
To clear history:
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
- In the lower left, tap Clear.
- Tap Clear History.
Remember to exit your browser completely after clearing your cache before attempting to access the site again. In Windows, close all your browser windows; in Mac OS X, quit (Command-Q) your browser.